Individuals, companies and organizations can register as stakeholders, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including a CV, inputs and comments, within the deadline for submission specified on the News area under Planned and Ongoing Audits.
Please provide official scientific evidence in support of your statements and conclusions. Comments or inputs which are not supported by scientific or proved evidence cannot be taken into consideration by the Certification Body. Stakeholders have to indicate which requirements they believe are not complied with.
The Certification Body will have to provide public answer to any objection to certification. Certification Body answers will be published in the final Audit Report and could lead to failure to certify.
Only objections received within 15 days after publication of preliminary audit report will be handled.
If you simply wish to be updated on new fisheries or farm sites under assessment, please contact us at email@example.com.
Stakeholders are an important part of the Friend of the Sea project. In order to ensure adequate involvement, the following procedure is applied:
1) At least 15 days before the audit starts, a notification of a fishery assessment will be inserted into the section News of the Friend of the Sea website. During this period of consultation, stakeholders can file their comments and objections.
2) Only comments based on scientific evidence are taken into consideration by the Certification Body.
3) Stakeholders can raise objections within 15 days from publication of the audit report on Friend of the Sea's website.
4) In case no objection is raised within the given time, products are certified as Friend of the Sea for 3 years, subject to periodical surveillance audits.
3) Governance Complaints
Stakeholders can file complaints regarding the Friend of the Sea's Governance. Complaint Form (CF) is available online with clear instruction on submittal procedure.
The CF has to be downloaded and filled in in all its parts, providing information about:
- Name, Surname, Role, Company (if applicable) of complaining party
- Name, Surname, Role of the executive, manager, Advisory Board Member ragarding whom the complaint is raised.
- Motivation in support to the complaint
The CF is considered by the Advisory Board, which will have to express its opinion within 15 days, to the Board of Directors, which will undertake a final decision based on majority vote.
A Certification Body will express its opinion, during its yearly surveillance audit, on the validity of the complaint, vis a vis FOS’s procedures and policies. IF contrary to the BoD’s decision, the BoD will rediscuss and vote a second time.